Monday, December 14, 2009

1800's factory working condintions


As I traveled back through time I experienced many horrible working conditions. Most factories had no source of cooling which would be awful during the summer. People were crammed in a tiny area and were expected to work and had high expectations. The buildings were very unsafe and most had no prevention if there was a fire. The Asch building had about 100 pales of water as something to put a fire out. Along with that, most workers could not even leave the buliding to go to the bathroom. The workers were paid as low as six dollars per week. In addition to that the money they earned would be used to pay for electricity and thread. If I were the president at this time I would personally stop all factories and make a change for a safer enviornment. I thought seeing these factories reminded me of a jail or a prison.
The factory above is the factory i was visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment